Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Naming Convention

Intercultural relationships are not easy. I guess this is common knowledge but not for me. I've been living abroad for so long that I thought I was immune to cultural differences. I thought I can pick and choose and remain safe with this cultural nonsense but sooner or later it surely catch up to you. Recently a friend of us(my wife and I) was asking if we pick a name yet. Somehow in my reply I mentioned how hard it was to agree on names and I said we fought WWI ,WWII, and WWIII just to get there. It's just hard to believe that it was not money, religion or sex that brought on our major fight but naming. The naming convention is quite simple back home, the daddy get to name the kid or the grandparents are asked to give a name too. No fight!

You live and learn

No comments:

Post a Comment